Thursday, November 8, 2012

Almost a year!

A year ago I was anxiously waiting for the arrival of my 2 little sweet peas.  Part of me thought I knew what to expect and part of me knew I had no clue what was about to happen.  Every new movement or weird feeling I hoped it was time.  They finally came and real life hit.  There were MANY ups and downs.  Sleepless nights, horrible days and everything crazy in between!  These 2 little beings changed not only my life but my soul forever.  During this first year there were days I didn't think I could cut it as a mom and there were days I thought I was super mom.  OMG the screaming!!!!!!!!!!!  They screamed sooo much I thought I was horrible at this.  Then the first smiles, then giggles and then full on laughs came.  They melted my heart even during the worst of it.  Some days I can't even believe I was blessed with these gorgeous girls that made and continue to make me a better person.  In this first year I have learned sooo much!  Not to judge other moms like I use to.  They have taught me patients!  I have never had sooo much patients in my life.  They have taught me to be selfless when needed.  They have made me take a new direction in my life just to make theirs better.  I look at myself in a different way, a stronger way.  I know I have made mistakes and will make many more but my love and strength for them will never falter!  Looking back at this year I KNOW I am a good mom. I know that in the years to come I will grow into a better mom because of them. 
Aria Ann,
You are my first born (by 15 minutes).  You are my sunshine.  Your smile is sooo amazing!  You have taught me to stop and dance with you.  You love to clap your hands when I sing a silly song.  I love your little voice when I get you to sing!  I hope you love music like you do right now.  I love walking into your room when you wake up for the day.  You get so excited to see me.  You have taught me patients during some loooong nights.  Even now almost a year later you still give me a run for my money at night.  I will remind you of this when you get older!  Most of the time you are so easy going and limit your diva moments.  I love when you laugh at your sister.  I can't wait to see the girl and then woman you will become.  I promise I will do my absolute best to help you grow into a strong, and confident woman.  You will always be my little goat! (we have called her goat since she was 3 weeks old because she would make goat noises all the time)
Olivia Jean,
You, my love, are my DIVA!  I never have to guess how you feel about things!  You make it known one way or another.  You have put me though more worry in the first 5 months than I have ever had in my entire life.  You made me a stronger person when I needed stand up to doctors and fight for you.  You made my mama bear instinct kick in full force.  I knew I would do anything to make you better!  You were so small! Now you are a thriving little firecracker that makes me laugh all the time!  Your little voice makes me smile!  You have turned into my amazing sleeper and eater!  You are such an amazing little girl!  You laugh is infectious.  Even when your melt downs are full of theatrics, I can't help but laugh! I love that you now bully your sister but still follow her around.  Hold on to your strong personality no matter what people say!  I promise that I will help you stay who you are and become a strong and confident woman.  You will always be my little peanut. 
You both are have changed my world and I wouldn't change a thing!  I love staying home with you and seeing you both grow and become your own person.  I can't wait to see what the next year brings.  I love you both more than you will ever know.  You are my greatest accomplishment and I thank God every day that he has given me the best gift in the world...being your mom!
Well now that I am officially crying and have had this sappy moment I guess I should get to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment