Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Step 1 in the eviction process-complete!

This morning Nate and I braved the snowy storm and drove to my doctors office.  I am happy to say I am 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced so I am progressing.  Then he did the membrane strip.  It wasn't pleasant and since I am a big baby I thought it hurt.  With how I have progressed my doctor upped my chances to 60% of it working.  Right now I am just crampy and very sore.  Another great thing about having them on friday is my doctor will be there all day and night so he will get to deliver them!  I really think Friday is perfect but we will see what the girls have in mind!  When Aria became head down we cancelled my c-section that was suppose to happen on the first.  So if they are stubborn and insist on staying in we will call my Dr. the morning of the 4th and go in and just do a section.  I wanted to see if we could still do it the first but unfortunately they are all booked.  So my new end date is the 4th which is next Sunday but I am really hoping for Friday! Happy Thanksgiving!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Found this letter on babycenter and thought it works in this situation!

Dear Aria and Olivia -

While you have dutifully completed 37 weeks of residency in the House of Mom. This letter is to hereby notify you that you must voluntarily vacate the premises within the next 3 days or face eviction.

In most cases we would allow you to extend your residency to 40 weeks. However, due to the failing health of the building, we insist on moving you out early.

It is our understanding that your next residency is filled with laughter, love and lots of coddling. We even hear there is free food and beverage at your disposal.

We thank you for the opportunity to explore every bathroom facility in the Lakes Region/Plymouth area. Your kicks and hiccups will be missed. We wish you the very best as you learn to become placenta free.

Thank you for your understanding in this very important matter.

Signed: UTe R-Us, owner and operator of the House of Mom

Come on Girls....Lets get this party started!

So yesterday was my twin due date meaning the day my twins are considered full term and can come out safely.  Nothing happened except I am fighting an ear infection and bronchitis.  No doctor had an open appointment yesterday so I decided to go to the closes ER which is not my delivering hospital.  I figured instead of driving 45 minutes to my hospital I would just drive 15 min to the hospital closes to us since my sickness had nothing to do with the babies.  I walked into the ER and freaked all the nurses out.  They had to call Labor and delivery to see if they could treat me.  Then they took my blood pressure and it was on the high side which freaked them out again.  Again a call to their on call OB and they needed to test my urine for protein.   So I got up to go give my sample and I felt a little bit of fluid down there and made the mistake of making a noise.  The doctor was in the room and obviously ask about the noise I mad so I said that a little bit of fluid came out which sent them in another freak out moment and they needed to see if it was amniotic fluid.  A little TMI.... when you have a baby head resting on your bladder things can happen add a second baby head down there it can happen a lot which I prepare for.  I let them know it was probably just my bladder but that was no good enough for them.  So instead for just being checked out for an ear infection and bronchitis, I ended up with a fluid test and a protein test and they also called my OB.  I know they need to take precautions but it was a little much.  Everything came out negative which I knew was going to happen.  If I knew all that was going to happen I would just drove to my hospital. 
Today I have spend on the couch just resting and for about 20 min I had on and off contractions that were the strongest I have ever had.  It felt like my uterus was being ripped in half.  I started timing them and then they went away!  I have no idea what that means!  They were really bad.  So now I have no idea if this is going to happen soon and I am getting frustrated because I am the worlds most impatient person and I just want to have a plan.  Tomorrow my doctor will strip my membranes but that only works 50% of the time so I am trying not to get my hopes up.  I really would love to have the babies Friday for some reason.  I just want to hold them and see their faces!  I want to finally be a mom.  I know I am so close and I am so thankful they have stayed in this long but I have never been more anxious in my life!  My doctor said that I did such a good job trying to keep them in for so long that they are to scared to come out now that its time.  So hopefully I will have an idea of a plan tomorrow after my appointment. 

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Getting prepared!

I had my doctors appointment on Wednesday and I know being 1 cm means it still could take a while but it was nice to hear I am progressing towards seeing these girls!  The good news is my doctor said progressing from 1-10 cm with twins goes faster than if I were having just one so he is optimistic we will see them in the next 2 weeks. 
Today my friend Abby came over to help me finish up some loose ends.  She brought over her kirby and went to town on our explorer so we could put the car seats in.  I have been stressing over getting them in for awhile now.  We also set up a little pink Christmas tree because I didn't want to have to deal with a real one this year and I thought in the years to come it would be cute to set up in the girls room every year.  When I was a kid I wanted a Christmas tree in  room so bad that I use to go out and hunt a pine tree branch and put it in my room with paper ornaments.  So I figured they would love a tree in there room and hopefully they like pink.
We also did a maternity shoot.  Abby has a great camera and has done photography as a hobby for a while.  I wish it wasn't as windy but we got some great shots! 
Tomorrow Nate and I are headed to Babies r Us to get the last minute stuff we still need.  After that I have nothing to do.  Everything is done and ready which is hard to believe.  This week I am making a few crock pot meals for dinner and I making enough to freeze for those first crazy weeks of being new parents.  I already have soup and chili done and frozen so I think a few more will be good.  I can't believe I could have these babies any day.  I am so thankful I have made it as far as I have!  Instead of praying they stay in just a little longer, I am now at the point where they are safe to come out any time!  I am defiantly ready to see them and I am soooo uncomfortable!   Even when they move it can be painful.  I kinda hope my next post is their birth announcement but only time will tell!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Rule number 1......Children even in utero are unpredictable!

So probably around 31 or 32 weeks I was in bed on my side and Aria was moving really weird and my side was so distorted for about a minute.  I didn't think anything of it and went to sleep.  The next morning it felt like her head was jammed in my ribs and has been like that since.  So going in for my ultrasound today I was unprepared for what I heard!  That little stinker flipped!  The "head" in my ribs, the one Nate and I have been lovingly feeling and patting was her bum!!  I have spent the past 5 weeks mentally preparing myself for a C-Section.  I have researched and convinced myself a C-Section was better and finally had come to terms with it.  I loved having a set end date and knowing once they started the section it would be minutes before I would see Aria's face and then Olivia's.  Now knowing both girls are head down and in perfect position for a vaginal delivery I am really nervous!  Don't get me wrong I am so thankful and I have wanted a vaginal delivery since day one.  I remember calling my mom crying when I thought we had to do a section.  Now that we can go any day now I am scared of labor.  They are both measuring about 4 and half pounds each which is very exciting and they are practicing their "breathing" in preparation for being out in the world!  So as of now I have around 9 lbs of baby I am carrying around!  Also this weekend a lot of people have commented that I have dropped. So we are getting close and its AWESOME to know if I go into labor now we are looking good for little or no help for the girls after delivery!   I see my OB on Wednesday and I am excited to see how we will proceed with the news of head down babies!