Saturday, November 12, 2011

Getting prepared!

I had my doctors appointment on Wednesday and I know being 1 cm means it still could take a while but it was nice to hear I am progressing towards seeing these girls!  The good news is my doctor said progressing from 1-10 cm with twins goes faster than if I were having just one so he is optimistic we will see them in the next 2 weeks. 
Today my friend Abby came over to help me finish up some loose ends.  She brought over her kirby and went to town on our explorer so we could put the car seats in.  I have been stressing over getting them in for awhile now.  We also set up a little pink Christmas tree because I didn't want to have to deal with a real one this year and I thought in the years to come it would be cute to set up in the girls room every year.  When I was a kid I wanted a Christmas tree in  room so bad that I use to go out and hunt a pine tree branch and put it in my room with paper ornaments.  So I figured they would love a tree in there room and hopefully they like pink.
We also did a maternity shoot.  Abby has a great camera and has done photography as a hobby for a while.  I wish it wasn't as windy but we got some great shots! 
Tomorrow Nate and I are headed to Babies r Us to get the last minute stuff we still need.  After that I have nothing to do.  Everything is done and ready which is hard to believe.  This week I am making a few crock pot meals for dinner and I making enough to freeze for those first crazy weeks of being new parents.  I already have soup and chili done and frozen so I think a few more will be good.  I can't believe I could have these babies any day.  I am so thankful I have made it as far as I have!  Instead of praying they stay in just a little longer, I am now at the point where they are safe to come out any time!  I am defiantly ready to see them and I am soooo uncomfortable!   Even when they move it can be painful.  I kinda hope my next post is their birth announcement but only time will tell!











No comments:

Post a Comment