Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Come on Girls....Lets get this party started!

So yesterday was my twin due date meaning the day my twins are considered full term and can come out safely.  Nothing happened except I am fighting an ear infection and bronchitis.  No doctor had an open appointment yesterday so I decided to go to the closes ER which is not my delivering hospital.  I figured instead of driving 45 minutes to my hospital I would just drive 15 min to the hospital closes to us since my sickness had nothing to do with the babies.  I walked into the ER and freaked all the nurses out.  They had to call Labor and delivery to see if they could treat me.  Then they took my blood pressure and it was on the high side which freaked them out again.  Again a call to their on call OB and they needed to test my urine for protein.   So I got up to go give my sample and I felt a little bit of fluid down there and made the mistake of making a noise.  The doctor was in the room and obviously ask about the noise I mad so I said that a little bit of fluid came out which sent them in another freak out moment and they needed to see if it was amniotic fluid.  A little TMI.... when you have a baby head resting on your bladder things can happen add a second baby head down there it can happen a lot which I prepare for.  I let them know it was probably just my bladder but that was no good enough for them.  So instead for just being checked out for an ear infection and bronchitis, I ended up with a fluid test and a protein test and they also called my OB.  I know they need to take precautions but it was a little much.  Everything came out negative which I knew was going to happen.  If I knew all that was going to happen I would just drove to my hospital. 
Today I have spend on the couch just resting and for about 20 min I had on and off contractions that were the strongest I have ever had.  It felt like my uterus was being ripped in half.  I started timing them and then they went away!  I have no idea what that means!  They were really bad.  So now I have no idea if this is going to happen soon and I am getting frustrated because I am the worlds most impatient person and I just want to have a plan.  Tomorrow my doctor will strip my membranes but that only works 50% of the time so I am trying not to get my hopes up.  I really would love to have the babies Friday for some reason.  I just want to hold them and see their faces!  I want to finally be a mom.  I know I am so close and I am so thankful they have stayed in this long but I have never been more anxious in my life!  My doctor said that I did such a good job trying to keep them in for so long that they are to scared to come out now that its time.  So hopefully I will have an idea of a plan tomorrow after my appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment