Friday, March 1, 2019

Wow! It has been years!

I decided to revive this blog because things have been happening!  Our twins are now 7!  Not sure how this is possible but it is.  We are currently a family of 6!  We have adopted a beautiful baby through foster care. We have had her since she was 10 days old out of the NICU and she is 3 now.  We are in the process of adopting our 2.5 yr old we have had since 3 days old.  We have fostered about 35 children since 2014.  Some were just a night and some were 2 plus years.   It has been such a crazy life.  We are still in Ohio but would love to go back to NH in the next 5 yrs. My life also did a 180 after we fostered a little boy born at 27 weeks.  I spent 3 months in the NICU at Nationwide Children's in Columbus, OH with him.  Back story....years ago I worked in a labor and delivery unit and was doing my prereqs for nursing school.  Had a lot of infertility issues and completely left everything.  SO being in the NICU for so long brought back all the dreams I had.  So here I am  after 7 yrs of being a stay at home mom to 8 months into nursing school and working full time at Nationwide Children's Hospital NICU and pretty much hating life but knowing it will be worth it!  I think our foster son being in the NICU put the thought back in my mind and going home to NH this past April accelerated the process.  If we want to move back we need a 2 income household to make it work and I realized I need to follow my dream.  SO here I am crying and stressing over exams and homework and being a working mom of 4!  It will all be worth it but right now it is super hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment