Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy and Sad Day

So if you know me personally or have been following my blog you now one of my big stresses has been where my cats were going to go.  Well today our prayers were answered.  I had put them on Craigslist in hopes that a good family would give them a good home.  This morning I woke up to an email from a family that wanted them!   They came to pick them up and the family realized she had been to our house before for my best friends baby shower.  Turns out she is related to my best friend!  That makes me feel soooo better that they will not be split up and going to a loving home!  I am really sad they are gone but happy it worked out.  I was crying when they left and decided to call my mom.  She picked up the phone crying herself and I knew bad news was looming.  This past Saturday Nate and I went to Brattleboro, VT to see my grandfather.  He wasn't doing well, but I am glad I had the chance to see him.  She told me he pasted away this morning.  So I feel like I have been crying for the past hour and half.  He was 91 and led a great long life.    So to sum up the day at barely 11am...bittersweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment