Friday, September 7, 2012

Life in boxes!

I have always hated packing!  I hate packing tape.  I hate the smell of cardboard and I especially hate dust that always seems to trigger an allergy attack of massive proportions!  That being said...I LOATHE packing with 2-9 month olds!  I really didn't think I could hate packing more than I already did, but throw in 2 cranky sick girls and all of their stuff....well I have choice words for that scenario!  First it is trying to get the stuff actually packed.  What do we need when and do we really need this ever.  Then add a temper tantrum from Aria.  Screaming because she doesn't feel well and her sister is pulling her hair.  Since she can't crawl yet she really can't get away.  Get her calmed down after 10 minutes and then it feeding time.  That takes another half hour to 45 minutes.  Clean up is another 15-20 depending on the mess.  Then Liv's melt down.  What a drama queen!  She will scream and start to crawl towards me and every few seconds stop and lay on the ground screaming and then crawl some more.  It is quite theatrical.  By the time she makes it to me her face is covered in snot and she can hardly breathe.  That child will pull herself up and hold on to the couch and then fall on her bum.  If she doesn't know I am watching she will go about her business.  If I am standing there .....insert meltdown crawling mode!  She takes at least 20 minutes to calm down.  The only time I really get anything done is nap time.  However I have to strategically time using the packing tape.  It is loud and tends to wake them up!  So I usually make boxes out on the pouch and hope they can't hear.  I also have to pack for me and the girls to spend 2 weeks with my mom before we head to Ohio.  I am not looking forward to that.  Not that I don't want to spend time with my family but 2 weeks is a long time with the bare essentials and I hate living out of a suitcase.  I am also anxious to get everything unpacked in Ohio.  On the bright side I will get to see a lot of family I haven't seen in a long time.  Anyway, The girls are in bed and now I am getting sick so I need to clean up the kitchen and head to bed.  I will leave you with some cute photos from today!






Aria stuck!


Gymboree bubbles are amazing!!!  These have been on my couch for 3 hours without popping!

Love that happy face!

Love this face pre melt down!

Melt down begins


20 minutes after melt down

No comments:

Post a Comment