Monday, December 13, 2010

A very sad date!

Three years ago I received some the worst news anyone could get.  My father had passed away unexpectedly.   I remember exactly where I was when I heard the news.  I remember the day like it was yesterday. It is hard to believe it has been 3 years already!  I can still clearly hear his robust laugh. I can still  remember how he answered the phone when I called "Hey Ems!"  Sometimes when I am driving home from work I pick up the phone to call him just to catch up. I always seemed to have that ritual...calling him on my long commute home.  I am scared that in time I will forget his laugh and forget his voice.
A friend of mine just recently lost his mom and I so remember the feelings and emotions you get on a daily basis when it is still fresh.  I feel so bad for him because sometimes it consumes your mind.  Time really does heal and it does get better, but there are still sad moments and memories that will pop out of nowhere.
                                                                      I miss you dad

3 comments:

  1. Emily, I saw your blog link on Facebook and wanted to comment on such a beautiful post, and tribute to your dad. I am thinking of you today...

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. and wow it looks like lots of stressful but exciting things happening in your world!!! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Thanks Amy! You are so sweet. Yes there will soon be a lot happening in my world! Thats why I linked this blog to facebook so friends and family that wanted to keep up to date could easily!

    ReplyDelete