Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Oh my gosh I am a MOM!!!!!

On Thursday December 1st all my dreams came true!  My girls are finally here! I went to my doctors appointment on Wednesday and again my blood pressure was up.  So my doctor decided to induce me because of my blood pressure.  I thought he would make me do a C-Section but because the girls heart rates were great and always have been he said we could try an induction.  He did say he would call a section if at any point even the slightest thing look weird during labor so I was prepared that I had a 50/50 chance of a vaginal delivery.  So I called Nate and went to the hospital.  He broke Aria's water at noon and started pitocin.  I was having uncomfortable contractions for the first hour and half and then they turned up the pitocin which causes your uterus to contract a little harder that a natural labor.  I am a huge baby and have no pain thresh hold so the next half hour was the worst pain I have ever felt!  So I thought I am no hero and if drugs are available then why not! I got an epidural and it was AMAZING!  From 2pm to midnight I stayed at 4cm and in the back of my head I thought it would end in a section.  He came and checked me at around 2am and tried to fool me and act like I hadn't progressed.  He has a great sense of humor.  He said what a normal progression should be with a face that said you haven't progressed.  So I asked if he was going to do a section a little disappointed.  Then he said " well you are at 9 and a half".  Nate was resting at this point and shoot up out of the couch and freaked out!  It was very humorous.  So he told me to rest and in a little bit we would start pushing!  By the way I was in no pain the whole time!  I did start feeling pressure which was my cue when I started pushing.  SO at 4:21am Miss Aria Ann entered the would! At little TMI... the doctor said put your hands down and pull your baby out!  So I got to pull Aria out.  It was amazing! 
Then things took a little scary turn at that point and Olivia started to show signs of distress so I had to have oxygen and had to get he out fast.  My doctor said if I didn't get her out in the next push then we would have to use the vacuum to get her out.  I have never pushed so hard in my life and got her out with out the vacuum! She was born at 4:36 am. They rushed her over to the stablette and  I couldn't really see what was going on.  I tried to take of the oxygen mask and move to see her but my doctor yelled at me to put it back on and push my epidural button.  He looked concerned while treating me so I got really scared.  I had a child surrounded by 2 doctors and a few nurses and now something was going on with me.  My doctor and nurse were push on my stomach so hard and it was way worse than labor!  Apparently I had a (TMI alert) bleeding and clotting issue and it they needed to do some interesting things to resolve it. I panicked and started crying.  They had to take Olivia to the special care nursery due to not transition from womb to oxygen well so she had some breathing issues.   Worst 2 hours ever.  I couldn't even hold Aria for the first hour because of my issues.  In the end everything was fine and I got a vaginal delivery!  I am having a great recovery!  I feel awesome as physically.  Mentally the hormones are driving me crazy but nothing I can't handle. 
Aria was 6lbs 5ounces and 20 inches long.  Olivia was 5lbs 3ounces and 18 inches long.  They are the most amazing and beautiful babies I have ever seen (obviously I am quite partial)!!! Well time for feedings!


Olivia Jean



Some of the doctors and nurses in room...more came

Aria Ann


Aria

Olivia



2 comments:

  1. Amazing!!!!! You are super woman!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are such sweethearts. I cannot wait to get to know them better!

    ReplyDelete