Friday, April 20, 2012

Business Ventures

Right now my main job is being a mom which I love, but I also have a second love...shopping and finding deals.  I never knew I could do that to bring in extra money.  It all started with my friend Crystal.  She wanted to sell something so I helped her put it on eBay.  It sold very fast.  It got me thinking ...what do I have around the house that I don't use and could sell.  SO when we moved I put a few things up and they sold.  Then the girls came and I got busy.  When they grew out of their preemie clothes I decided to put them on eBay.  I also put my friend Abby's kids clothes up as well. One day I went to babies r us and they had 50% off clearance clothes.  They had a lot of preemie items an I remembered how fast the girls preemie stuff sold.  So I took a chance and bought 15 outfits for 75$.  I pt them up on eBay that night. They all sold with in 9 days.  It got me thinking that people love a deal as much as I do.  I also live 20 minutes from a ton of outlets that have great clearance stuff.  So I scouting the kids outlets because I love kids clothes and bought some inventory.  It has been a few weeks and I am LOVING having an eBay store!  I decided to specialize in girls clothes sizes 18 mos-6.  I have a few things in smaller sizes and a few boy items but I love girl clothes.  I also didn't want to do the girls sizes because I was scared I would just keep all the clothes. 
When Nate saw how well I was doing he wanted to create a website and really make this a business.  He also wants to make me a website for this blog.  So I might be moving soon and will update when it happens.  We already bought the domain names and both were available!  I so excited to help bring in some money but also be at home with my girls!  If you are interested in see what I have in my eBay store here is the website           http://stores.ebay.com/Snug-Bug-Boutique?_trksid=p4340.l2563. 
On the twincess front, we have an appointment with the growth and nutrition program next Friday.  We also had another first..beach day.  We went with my friend Abby and her 2 girls Samantha (age 4 almost 5) and Maddie(2 almost 3) They didn't swim for obvious reasons...it being April 18th but I went in!!  So here are a few pics...












2 comments: