Saturday, May 14, 2011

Summer's almost here!

Today was an awesome day!  Even though it was on the chili side and overcast, Nate and I enjoyed a day on my cousin Nicole's and her husband Joe's pontoon boat.  We had a great time with their kids as well.  Nate help Cameron fish.  It was the cutest thing and it made my heart melt seeing how good he is with both kids!  We can't wait to have more fun on the boat this summer!
Nate helping Cameron fish

 This week is also my first OB appointment and I am a little worried.  I don't know what to expect with a twin pregnancy...actually I have no idea what to expect at all.  I am use to having an ultrasound every 2 weeks or so and I need that reassurance that everything is ok in there!  My first appointment is with a midwife.  I have nothing against midwives but when I worked in Labor and Delivery about 5 years ago a midwife never could handle a twin pregnancy because it is considered high risk.  I know things can change in 5 years but I am still uneasy.  My fertility doctor recommended 2 of the doctors in that practice so I should have a little more faith but I am scared they are going to treat this as a singleton pregnancy.  I am reading a couple good multiple pregnancy books and they all say if an OB clinic treats a multiple pregnancy like a singleton then find a new doctor FAST!  I can only imagine what will happen if they tell me I only get an one more ultrasound at 20 weeks!  I'll probably cry in their office.  Maybe I am just reading into the midwife thing but I need to make sure I am getting the best care possible for me and my babies!  I have heard to many horror stories about lack of care and bad things happening to twins!  I have worked to hard to get here and I can't imagine having something happen that could have been prevented by the right care!  If I feel that they are not taking care of us like I think they should then I am not sure what I will do.  I don't know really anyone that has had twins recently that can recommend a good OB.  I might go to one of the doctors I use to work with in Concord.  The biggest things on my list of unacceptable are...not monitoring the pregnancy more in the second and third trimester, not more than one ultrasound, not checking my cervix's starting week 20 to make sure its not thinning and my membranes are still long and telling me that I worry to much and basically pass off my concerns as if I being ridiculous!  I know I can be ridiculous but I think I have a right to be!  I need a lot of reassurance!  One of the things I LOVED about my fertility doctor is whenever I called with a dumb question my nurse never made me feel stupid, she always made me feel like no question was a bad one and she always knew I needed reassurance!  I wish my fertility clinic could be my OB!  Maybe I getting myself all worked up over nothing but I am really nervous.  On top of all that I will be 10 weeks in a few days and a lot of people have told me bad things have happened to them at 10 weeks!  Why they feel the need to tell me this is beyond me but now I am paranoid of week 10!  On top of the paranoia if they don't give me an ultrasound I think I am going to lose it!  I know everyone tells me I need to enjoy this pregnancy but I really don't think I can relax until I hit my second trimester!  Maybe its the mark of an infertile but I get scared this will be ripped away from me and I ll be right back to where I was...childless and heartbroken.  I have to remember people do this everyday!  I know when I go to my appointment I am going to tell them what I need from them!  I just hope at the end of the day I will be happy with my OB choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment