Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Why can't I this be easier!

I don't understand why this can't be easy?! Why do I keep getting bad news?! Why is it so easy for most people to get pregnant and for others it is the most work ever with little good news?! Why do I have to be in the second category of people?!  I had an ultrasound and blood work today and I thought it would go well boy was I wrong.  Dr. Hill called me today for my results which come to find out thats not a good sign when the doctor calls you.  He said my ovaries are still sleeping and my estrogen level hasn't budged which isn't a good thing.  He said tonight I am going to max out on drugs so I take 300 units of the gonal f pen and 2 ampules of menopur.  I do that until friday when I go back in for blood and ultrasound.  If I still have a poor response our cycle gets cancelled!  I was at work when I got the call and I didn't take it well and I had to leave! I am such a mess!  I know there is still a chance but I didn't expect this news.  Getting pregnant was never my issue.  So for the next fews days I am going to be on pins and needles and I am sure feeling like crap because of all the medications.  I really hope this all works out and this is a successful IVF cycle!

2 comments:

  1. I teared up reading your post. I'm worried about the same thing happening to me because I've had four failed IUI's and it was hard for my ovaries to respond to the medications. I'm starting my first and only cycle of IVF and the whole thing excites and scares me at the same time. I found your blog this weekend and have been reading it since because you are pretty much right were I am in the process of getting pregnant. I feel your pain and I pray that the news gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Thank-you! I will be praying for you as well! Hopefully the doctor's will start you on the right amount of drugs needed to wake you up. I can't believe how many ups and downs there are in this process! I have learned to always remember how blessed I am for my support system and my faith! Hold on to that and don't forget it even when you want to scream and crawl into a hole!

    ReplyDelete